Yes, people are up 'in arms' about the slightest possibility of this
administration, through executive order, or in any way, taking away
guns! And why shouldn't they be? There is enough history to tell us
what has happened when other governments have done so, to make
your hair stand on end! (See stats at the end of this blog post.) Clearly,
this is bringing our fellow country men to that infamous 'tipping point' that everyone
has been stating since President Obama took office. Oh yes, there is another phrase
that we hear...'over reaching!' I'd say they are over reaching alright! Between this
and the rumors that he is attempting to 'dismantle' our military...(if this is proven
to be true, with clear evidence,) I smell the scent of 'worthy impeachment'
in the air. Anyone with even half a brain can clearly see that this administration is
chalk full of socialist who sport the big D after their names just for cover. When the
National Rifle Association went to discuss REAL ways to stop slaughters like the one
that took place at Sandy Hook, it was clear that Joe Biden and the rest, had NO
interest in discussing anything but how to 'get the guns' away from our citizens.
I'm 'sharing' what came into my facebook homepage, well, because it is knowing
history that helps us to keep from repeating it...which is why progressives
(another 'nicer sounding' word for all those socialists sporting big D's after
their political titles..) where was I, oh yes...which is why all those progressives
are constantly 'rewriting' it as much as they can! We were having a little fun on
Facebook the other day listing all the 'things' that you would have to out law if
you wanted to stop 'causes' of deaths. You know, like cars, knives, hammers, all
poisons, all that have killed many more people then guns ever have. My sister,
who is an LPN, wrapped it up with stating, "Heck, we might as well outlaw FOOD!
Then you could stop all the thousands of choking deaths that occur every year!
ImJussayin' clearly the national discussion should be, "What the heck is happening
in our culture that is causing our youth to become so hardened, insensitive, even
hateful and murderous!" It may come down to banning disgusting movies, games,
etc. as other countries have done. When a nation turns it's back on God and
denounces the great benefits of living righteous lives, our nation's forfather's
warned that our constitution would be greatly taken advantage of, (my paraphrase.)
The downslide of our American culture since liberal thinking and living has been
ruling the day, is self evident. I'll stop here and get to the real guts of my blog
today. You can't argue with history concerning what happens when governments
take guns away from their citizens. I'm very proud of the great American organ-
izations that are communicating through Facebook on this topic and more. These
stats showed up on my homepage. They moved me to speak out, hopefully they
will do the same for you!
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
1. In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. >From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
2. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
3. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
4. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
5. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
6. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
7. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
TOTALS: Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: about 56 million.